Wednesday, May 17

My Cosmopolitan Week

Yes, yes, I know I haven't written for ages...

I've finished my first round of editorial revisions on Little Shop, which was a real learning experience for me. I polished the manuscript so many times before sending it in to the contest, but while going through the revisions lists I still found patches of cluttery, unnecessary sentences and contradictory words etc. that I just hadn't noticed before. So Shop is now back with the editors at Moonlit until the next (or final) round of edits.

Tomorrow evening, Bloke and I will be heading to Westminster in London for the Romantic Novelists Association's Summer Party. The winner of the Joan Hessayon New Writers' Award will be announced, and Nell is one of the nominees for The Cinderella Substitute -- extremely exciting! I've got my outfit hanging up ready to go and am really excited about seeing Nell again, meeting her hubby, and meeting so many other writers who I've met online.

Bouncy 2

In other exciting news, we have *finally* booked our holiday! Well, more of a short break, really. The fact that we desperately want to get a patio laid in the next month or two means that we can't afford the week-to-10-day holiday in sunny climes that we would have liked. BUT... instead we have booked a four-day trip to Paris, travelling by Eurostar and staying in a hotel where every room has views of the Eiffel Tower! We leave on Sunday and I am so looking forward to it -- I've been to France lots of times before on family holidays, but I've never been to Paris.

Au revoir pour maintenant! (Ugh, I hope that's right. I may shop for a phrasebook tomorrow.)


Just finished reading: The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen

No comments: