Monday, August 1

A Weird Day

Mondays are weird. I felt fine this morning but was on the edge of moody up until about 5pm. My computer was too slow, my trousers were too black, the pavement was too rough, people were too annoying... Then all of a sudden I felt better.

Not quite sure why this was. But am glad I'm not feeling as moody now. I got down some more notes on my new idea last night, and think I've figured out the crux of the drama. This story is more of a thriller than anything I've thought of before, and I do love to read thrillers, so I'm hoping that writing it will be fun.

In other news, we've heard that we could be moving by next weekend. Not sure this is quite possible, but I'm not complaining. I'll be relieved when it's all over!

Been thinking about the past lots today. I wonder if that's why I've been in such an odd mood. There are a lot of things I miss about being a teenager, but equally (and obviously) a lot that I don't. Family life for me was pretty rocky back then, and there's a lot of stuff I'd rather never happened, but I sometimes wish I could grab back a bit of who I used to be back then. I used to sit up at night just looking at the stars. I'd find beauty in a single daisy on the lawn. Every feeling I had was immense and important and life-changing and movie-like. Sometimes I wish I could still be like that. Is it me or does adulthood make you cynical?

No comments: