Positives from the last few days:
1. I finished my mountain of proofreading.
2. I won Phillipa Ashley's contest and now have a nice copy of Wendy Holden's The Wives of Bath sitting on my bookshelf.
3. I had a precious extra hour in bed on Saturday morning.
Negatives from the last few days:
1. An elderly member of the family, who had been unwell for some time, passed away.
2. Little Frog has contracted a very nasty bout of gastroenteritis.
At times like this I find it helps to think, "This too shall pass."
While I'm away from the blog for a few days, I'd like you all to put your thinking caps on for me. Brenda Novak's Diabetes Auction is coming up in a few months, and I will once again be contributing a gift box full of great items, probably on the theme of "England". So, I'd like to know a few things:
1. What sort of things would you love to get in a gift box?
2. What sort of gifts/prizes do you think of as being typically English?
I'd particularly appreciate the viewpoints of those of you who don't live in England, for whom English things will be a bit more of a novelty! Everybody who leaves me a comment with their suggestions will be entered to win a signed copy of Haunted Hearts -- and I might throw in some English chocolate too :)
Just finished reading: Full Exposure by Diana Duncan