Saturday, July 1

Going to Manderley

Of course, I'm not really. But myself and the Bloke remembered that we had both booked a few days off work for next weekend, originally so that I could go to the RNA Conference and he could visit his Dad and family, who live nearer to where the conference is being held than to us. Finances at the time meant I never managed to book my place at Conference, but we still had that weekend sitting blank in our schedules. So we've booked another short break. And partly because of Daphne du Maurier, we are going to Cornwall!

2 nights in an executive apartment in Truro and one night in a manor house just outside the Eden Project beckon. I'm really looking forward to it, even though the weather forecast is looking a bit soggy. I'm hoping that will change. But seeing as we are going for the same amount of time we spent in Paris, we hope to fit a lot in. Namely: lying on the beach (if it's nice), picnics, swimming, the Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan, Tintagel Castle, Lands End, Trebah Gardens, Fistral Beach at Newquay, National Seal Sanctuary, fish-and-chips at Rick Stein's in Padstow, St Michael's Mount, and -- just discovered -- the Cornish Yarg Cheese Factory!

Oops, I think I swallowed a guide book... But if you have any other sights to recommend, please do so!


Just finished reading: Their Unexpected Family by Judy Duarte

No comments: