Tuesday, March 6

A Good Day

It's been a good day. The sun is shining and the chilly breeze has dropped, which means it's now possible to be outside in short sleeves without wishing you had a jacket or cardigan on you. As a result I've done a bit of (gentle) gardening. I've marked out a flowerbed that The Bloke is going to dig out on his day off, where we'll plant my budding honeysuckle. Then I planted up lots of seeds into pots, in the hope that some of them might flower in the summer (when I'll have no time, I'm sure, to do anything to the garden). I also planted up my blackcurrant-bush cutting, which I won in a Ribena promotion some time ago! Speaking of winning things, I was a bit surprised when the postman knocked on the door earlier and handed me a large brown parcel, because I wasn't expecting a delivery of any sort. I opened the parcel to find that I had won a Tommee Tippee Nappy Wrapper in a Tesco Baby & Toddler Club competition. So I've been able to tick another thing off my "Things To Buy For Flump" list without having to spend any money -- nice!

I'm just about to have lunch and then I'll be making a start on chapter two of You Don't Know Jack. Hopefully an afternoon of writing will prove just as fruitful as everything else I've done today :)

5 comments:

Susan Rix said...

Sounds like a wonderful day - glad you said the gardening was gentle though ;-).

Congrats on winning the competition!!

Sending good writing vibes for Chapter 2.

Sue :-)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of parcels, anything from The Penguin?

Jessica Raymond said...

Thanks, Sue :)

No parcel as yet, Schmin. Will email you.

Jess x

Lis said...

I'm so jealous about the weather. We're completely covered in snow here, though its just starting to turn to slush.

Congrats on the win :o)

Jessica Raymond said...

I don't think we'll be getting any more snow here now, Lis -- we never get that much anyway. But you never know!

Jess x