Saturday, October 1

Almost 10,000...!

It's 10 a.m. on Saturday. Yesterday I did about 1,800 more words of chapter three -- the last couple of hundred of which I did while... sitting on the toilet. You see, my boyfriend was busy watching late night comedy on Channel 4 and having got home, folded laundry, put more washing in the machine, washed dishes, and cooked and ate chilli con carne, I was itching to write. So I departed upstairs with my laptop and immersed myself in chapter three.

Then about an hour later he arrived upstairs, ready for bed. At a crucial juncture, I continued tapping away. Then while I paused to think of a word, I realized my bloke was lying in bed next to me, a cushion on in his face to hide the light, trying to go to sleep. It was ten to midnight and he had work today. So I got up and padded into the bathroom, where I continued tapping for another twenty minutes until my battery started blinking. Then I returned to bed with a Diana Duncan book and went to sleep.

And now I've plugged my laptop back in, and am hovering on the edge of 10,000 words. So what the hell am I doing on my blog? I need to finish my chapter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd let you know about a site where you can make over $800 a month in extra income. Go to this site   MAKE MONEY NOW  and put in your zip code..... up will pop several places where you can get paid to secret shop, take surveys, etc.  It's free.  I found several and I live in a small town!

Anonymous said...

work from home

Hi,

I have read....and read....and read your site and I thought you might be interested in my work from home site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Adrian: PRESS RELEASE: ABOUT THE BEST WORK FROM HOME PROSPECT AND WHY LISTED ON GOOGLE AND YAHOO NEWS ABOUT THE LINK ABOVE work from home