Wednesday, October 5

Et Voila -- Le Petit Chien Lunatique

I've decided I haven't made enough use of the picture facility on my blog, other than putting a picture of myself in the profile (which I hope to update sometime soon). So here, for your enjoyment, are a few pictures of my dog, Popple.




Popple is a 5-year-old Jack Russell. She is also a freak. Among other things, she:


  • Loves drinking tea
  • Burps a lot
  • Hates football on TV but is quite partial to the live-action 101 Dalmatians film
  • Sneezes more than any dog I've ever known
  • Smiles when you scratch her chin and behind her ears
  • Occasionally freaks out for no reason and starts running in circles or up and down the stairs at high speed, tail tucked under her bum like a greyhound
  • Sometimes gets hiccups


I got her when she was six months old, from a family who didn't want her any more. Her name was Scampi then, but I changed it to Popple, which I thought suited her. A Popple was a kind of toy my sister and I had when we were a young -- a fluffy bear-type thing that could turn itself into a ball. Funnily enough, the name suits Popple quite well because when it's cold she will curl herself up into a little ball right next to you and keep you warm. We call this the "Doughnut Dog".


I have a terrible habit of improvising on names, so some of the other things she gets called are:

  • Pupa
  • Buttmunch
  • Pickle
  • Piggle T.
  • Piglettina
  • Little Shemille
  • Mini-Freak
  • The Cuteness
  • Pupini
  • Poplington
  • Popplino
  • Minnie Mouse Head (because of the pattern of her fur)
  • Foxface
  • Applebutt
  • Pigsville
  • Mini-Minx
  • Little Ribena
  • Pork Chop
  • Monchichi

She is indeed a freak, but I love her very much!

1 comment:

Kate Allan said...

Ahhhhhh :)